Throwing club from Northern Nigeria, made a from single branch with two off-shoots, one forming the shaft and the other a sort of pick point. It is decorated with some incised lines on the head.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: whole)
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
object name (Horniman Ethno.): throwing club
common name: wood throwing club, decorated
- Northern Nigeria, Nigeria, West Africa, Africa
- Additional place information
made or collected: Northern Nigeria
- Materials & techniques
- Additional material & technique information
material: wood (overall)
- overall: 736.6 mm x 278 mm x 39 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 736.6 mm x 278 mm x 39 mm
- Presented with other ethnographic material.
donor: Edwardes, Mrs.
- Related subjects
theme: War- and Peace-making
object name (Horniman Ethno.): throwing clubs
- Record created 2000-01-22 by DRICE
- Record last updated 2014-06-19 by DTAGEN
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.