Throwing club from Northern Nigeria, made a from single branch with two off-shoots, one forming the shaft and the other a sort of pick point. It is decorated with some incised lines on the head.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: whole)
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
object name (Horniman Ethno.): throwing club
common name: wood throwing club, decorated
- Northern Nigeria, Nigeria, West Africa, Africa
- Additional place information
made or collected: Northern Nigeria
- Materials & techniques
- Additional material & technique information
material: wood (overall)
- overall: 736.6 mm x 278 mm x 39 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 736.6 mm x 278 mm x 39 mm
- Presented with other ethnographic material.
donor: Edwardes, Mrs.
- Related subjects
theme: War- and Peace-making
object name (Horniman Ethno.): throwing clubs
- Record created 2000-01-22 by DRICE
- Record last updated 2014-06-19 by DTAGEN