This event has now ended but you can find out what we have coming up in our what's on calendar.
Festive fun for all!
Enjoy family activities, shop for gifts in the arts and crafts markets, pick up your seasonal produce at the Farmers’ Market (Saturday) and enjoy mince pies, mulled wine and carol-singing on Sunday at the Bandstand.
‘The World Beyond the Wardrobe' performances by Tea Dance for Little People
- Various time slots available on 1 - 4 December
- £5 per person, recommended for ages 3+
- Step into a magical and mysterious land to explore The World Beyond the Wardrobe, a special Narnia-inspired interactive performance for families by Tea Dance for Little People. Accept the challenge to help bring colour back to a forever snowy world in time for Christmas, meeting characters as you journey through a sensory land of colour, smell, warmth and chills. Expect to find yourself strolling through a winter wood, drinking tea with a faun, disguising yourself to creep past the White Queen before she turns you to stone and hunting deep inside a forest for the only one who can return colour to the world.
- Dutch Barn
- Book now for this event.
‘A Christmas Carol’ storytelling with Sandal Sticks Theatre
- Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 December
- Daily performance timings:
- £4 per child, £1 per adult (max two adults per child) recommended for ages 3+
- Join Sandal Sticks Theatre for an adaptation of the Charles Dickens’ classic 'A Christmas Carol'. This will be a one-woman interactive storytelling puppet show with songs and rhymes from the Victorian era.
- Hands on Base
- Book now for this event.
- 10.30am – 4.00pm
- £1 per trail from the Christmas Desk outside the main Museum entrance
- Solve the festive Christmas trail and collect your gift!
Family Art Fun: A Christmas Carol puppet making
- Every 45 minutes from 12.45pm, last entry at 3.45pm
- Choose a character from Dickens’ ‘A Christmas Carol’ and make your own miniature puppet.
- Recommended ages 3+
- Education Centre
Face painting and Balloon modelling
- Saturday and Sunday – 10.30am - 4.30pm
Sunday Christmas Carols
- On the Sunday of the Horniman Fair, we will be closing the weekend with our traditional Sunday evening Christmas Carols. You can expect your favourite Christmas songs alongside traditional festive carols, and the chance to sing along!
- 3pm – Vision Choir, 4.15pm – London Sings Choir.
Farmers’ Market (Saturday only)
- Our weekly Farmers' Market has extended opening hours, selling locally sourced, locally sold vegetables, meat, bread, flowers, hot food and much more.
- 9.00am – 4.00pm
- Bandstand Terrace
Arts and Craft Market
- 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Discover unique handmade gifts in the arts and crafts market. The following stalls will be at the Arts and Craft Market:
- Baggy and Hols - Lovingly handmade and crafted products are all unique and made from scratch. They create tapestry, terrariums, leather products and notebooks.
- BKD Baking - Children’s baking kits and cupcakes and biscuit decorating kits. All handmade in South East London.
- Brett & Bailey - Delectable baked goods, made by hand in Crystal Palace. Selling a fine array of luxury Christmas cakes, all products are handmade in small batches to original recipes by Joe Brett and Matt Bailey.
- Cat Among The Pigeon Press - Specialising in creating unique sculptural works of art using books with poems. All handmade original prints which are themed around nature and urban environments.
- Crepe Records - Offering uniquely designed, hand-printed ethical clothing and artwork inspired by music. All designs are lovingly hand-drawn in a studio in Forest Hill and the clothing is screen-printed in South East London.
- Dolls by Verona. C - Handmade multicultural dolls dressed in African fabric garments.
- EE’s Cosmetics - Handmade natural skincare products. A gentle and effective way to care for the skin.
- Fabric 41 - Quality dribble bibs and merino blankets for babies, toddlers and children, designed and hand made in England.
- Funky n Chunky - Handmade bags and statement jewellery that are made in Ghana to support women’s education in Ghana and the UK.
- Gander Lane - Handmade children’s accessories including quilts and blankets.
- Grange Pottery Camphill - Handmade stoneware fired tableware: cups, mugs, bowls and larger bespoke pieces for celebrations. Everything is handmade by adults with special needs who live and work at the Grange Camphill Village Community, Gloucester.
- Handmade in SE20 - Cushions, quilts, pouches and purses, lavender bags, drawstring bags, fabric and felt Christmas decorations, hot water bottle covers and key rings.
- Holly Francesca - Illustrated products for the home including greeting cards, art prints, tea towels, tote bags and umbrellas.
- House of Beau - Natural handmade bath salts and oils, handmade candles, painted boxes and illustrations.
- HUNG LDN - Macramé hanging planters with pots and plants and macramé wall hangings.
- Justine Ellis Designs - Original, mid-century inspired sustainable prints, homewares and stationery.
- Karavaneco - Bamboo socks, bamboo Turkish towels recycled silk scarves for men and women.
- Kath Dare Jewellery - Sterling silver, rose gold and gold plated jewellery enhanced with precious and semi-precious stones.
- Ketchup on Everything - Melamine placemats and coasters, personalised nursery and wall art, Animal Alphabet educational prints, greeting cards, tea towels and notepads.
- Little Genius Crafts - A range of magnetic educational toys for 3-6-year-olds. All products have been designed so that they can be used on the move as well as at home.
- PecanPi - Tote bags made from recycled coffee sacks and brightly coloured cosmetic and toiletry bags. All products are made by prisoners as they learn new skills, acquire apprenticeships. This is a not for profit social enterprise.
- Place in Print - Locally-themed art prints and homeware. Colourful illustrations of local landmarks including the Horniman, Forest Hill Pools and Dulwich College. Unique typographic maps of the local area. Quirky neighbourhood puns.
- Rose B. Brown - Scarves, hats and gloves for men, women and children made in the UK using Scottish-spun lambswool.
- Spyware Vintage - A range of unique, desirable and affordable vintage pieces for wear and for home which will appeal to style conscious individuals and their families.
- Step Outside Guides - Family friendly guides to cost-free days exploring London.
- Bunting and Pops - Delicious handmade cake pops.
- My Little Sous-Chef - A unique cookbook for kids and parents to cook together. Twin set of booklets with festive recipes to encourage parents to involve their little sous-chefs in the kitchen.