Join us for fiendish fun at our annual Halloween Fair.
Enjoy our amazing arts and crafts markets and fabulous food stalls, plus spooky animal handling and more.
Come dressed in your scariest costume and join in the Halloween happenings at the Horniman.
‘Curse of the Mummy’ performances by Tea Dance for Little People
- Various times between 11am – 4pm
- £5 per child, adults go free (max two adults per child). Recommended for ages 3+
- A mummy is trying to reach the afterlife, can you help him complete all the spells he needs from the Egyptian ‘Book of the Dead’ to guide him there? Pay him a visit and give him a hand to find all the secret ingredients and words for the spells. Join us for this interactive storytelling adventure mixing the enchanting vibe of Halloween with the Egyptian beliefs of the Afterlife - funny, musical and magical.
- Book now for this event.
Wild Fangs Creepy Creatures Cave
- 10am – 4pm (10 minute time slots)
- £3 per person, or £10 for group of four people, tickets available on the day at the Dutch Barn (not recommended for children under 3)
- Meet and handle creepy critters from the Wild Fangs collection, including Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches, Emperor Scorpions, a Chilean Rose Tarantula, Corn Snake and Giant Millipede
- Members' priority booking sessions are available between 10am - 11:30am. Book Members' tickets now: 020 8291 8169.
- Tickets for non-members will be allocated first come, first served on the day.
Spooky Halloween Trail
- 10.30am – 4pm
- £1 per trail from the Halloween Desk outside the Main Entrance.
- Solve a riddle and collect your Halloween gift.
Halloween Face Painting
- 10am – 4pm
- Come along and have your face painted in all sorts of spooky characters – ghoulish ghosts, pumpkins, witches, wizards and more!
Farmers’ Market (Saturday only)
- Our weekly Farmers' Market has extended opening hours, selling locally sourced, locally sold vegetables, meat, bread, flowers, hot food and much more.
- 9am – 4pm
- Bandstand Terrace
Family Art Fun: Halloween Pumpkin Masks
- Every 45 minutes from 12pm. Last entry at 3.45pm.
- Get ready for Halloween and join us for some spooky mask making fun! Create your own pumpkin mask, scary or happy, it’s up to you!
- Recommended for ages 3+
- Education Centre
Arts and Crafts Market
- 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Horniman Conservatory
- Discover unique gifts in the arts and crafts market. See below for a list of traders at the market:
- 3D Discovery - Hand Made miniature 3D model kits and pop up cards.
- Bunting & Pops - Locally handmade cakepops.
- Eco Design Fair - Plywood coasters and table mats made in Crystal Palace from FSC wood and vintage maps and comics.
- EE Cosmetics - Handmade natural skincare products.
- Fabric 41 - Uniquely designed baby bibs and blankets made in the UK.
- FunkyNChunky - Handmade bags and statement jewellery from Ghana.
- Gauzy Jackal - Handmade upcycled and recycled home ware, gifts and accessories.
- Glitterbees - Children’s face painting.
- Ketchup on Everything - Personalised and original designs for nursery wall art, children’s education, greetings cards and tea towels.
- My Gorgeous Cards - British designed tea towels and cards.
- NativScandinavia - Organic scandi inspired children’s clothes designed in Forest Hill.
- Place in Print - Locally-themed art prints, greetings cards and home ware.
- Robin and Bluebird - Baby and children’s ware and soft furnishings.
- Silver Petals Jewellery - Silver jewellery with semi-precious stones and shells set in silver.
- Twist N Shout – Balloon making.
- Underdog Fairtraders – Fairtrade products, crafts and groceries.
- Wise Owl Tea – Organic herbal tea.