Join us for fiendish fun at our annual Halloween Fair.
Enjoy our amazing arts and crafts markets and fabulous food stalls, plus spooky animal handling and more.
Come dressed in your scariest costume and join in the Halloween happenings at the Horniman.
‘Curse of the Mummy’ performances by Tea Dance for Little People
- Various times between 11am – 4pm
- £5 per child, adults go free (max two adults per child)
- A mummy is trying to reach the afterlife, can you help him complete all the spells he needs from the Egyptian ‘Book of the Dead’ to guide him there? Pay him a visit and give him a hand to find all the secret ingredients and words for the spells. Join us for this interactive storytelling adventure mixing the enchanting vibe of Halloween with the Egyptian beliefs of the Afterlife - funny, musical and magical.
- Booking opens at the end of September.
Wild Fangs Creepy Creatures Cave
- 10am – 4pm
- £3 per person, or £10 for group of four people, tickets available on the day at the Dutch Barn (not recommended for children under 3)
- Meet and handle creepy critters from the Wild Fangs collection, including Madagascan Hissing Cockroaches, Emperor Scorpions, a Chilean Rose Tarantula, Corn Snake and Giant Millipede
Spooky Halloween Trail
- 10.30am – 4pm
- £1 per trail from the Halloween Desk outside the Main Entrance.
- Solve a riddle and collect your Halloween gift.
Halloween Face Painting
- 10am – 4pm
- Come along and have your face painted in all sorts of spooky characters – ghoulish ghosts, pumpkins, witches, wizards and more!
Farmers’ Market (Saturday only)
- Our weekly Farmers' Market has extended opening hours, selling locally sourced, locally sold vegetables, meat, bread, flowers, hot food and much more.
- 9am – 4pm
- Bandstand Terrace
Family Art Fun: Halloween Pumpkin Masks
- Every 45 minutes from 12pm. Last entry at 3pm.
- Get ready for Halloween and join us for some spooky mask making fun! Create your own pumpkin mask, scary or happy, it’s up to you!
- Education Centre
Arts and Crafts Market
- 10.30am – 4.30pm
- Discover unique gifts in the arts and crafts market.
- Horniman Conservatory