Double-conical trumpet mute. Spun aluminium. Stamped: HAWKES & SON/LONDON. One of the cone sections is perforated with holes. Flattens the instrument's pitch when used. Bought by the Horniman Museum as part of a set with the Clippertone trumpet (M30-1993).
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: part)
- Broad category
- Musical Instruments, Aerophone component
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: mute
object name (Horniman Ethno.): mute
- Additional maker information
maker: Hawkes & Son
- London, England, UK, Western Europe, Europe
- Additional place information
- Date made
- before 1930
- Additional date information
- Materials & techniques
- aluminium; cork; metal
- Additional material & technique information
material: cork (overall)
material: metal (overall)
material: aluminium (overall)
- overall: 260 x 90 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 260 x 90 mm
- Related subjects
object name (Horniman Ethno.): mutes
- Record created 1999-12-26 by GWERE
- Record last updated 2016-10-10 by XGVIEWS
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.