Taxidermy mount of Harbour Seal (Phoca vitulina).
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
Harbour Seal (Phoca vitulina)
1 item (description level: whole)
- Broad category
- Natural History: Zoology, Mammals
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: Phoca vitulina
label name: Phoca vitulina
catalogue title: Harbour Seal
common name: Harbour Seal
common name: Harbour seal
common name: Seal
- Additional preparator information
maker: Thorpe, Charles
- Additional place information
label place: Canada
- Specimen form
- taxidermy mount
- Additional specimen form information
material: taxidermy mount (overall)
- overall: 910 mm x 265 mm x 265 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 910 mm x 265 mm x 265 mm
- Frederick J. Horniman Collection
- Related objects
- contains Harbour Seal (Phoca vitulina) (NH.H.42.1)
- Record created 2007-08-28
- Record last updated 2019-08-15
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.