Baby carrier made from plant fibre woven in an intricate basketwork design. The carrier is in the shape of a rectangle, with rounded corners, and the plant fibre is dark brown.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: whole)
- Broad category
- Anthropology: Ethnography
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: baby carrier
- Northwest Coast (USA), United States of America, North America, Americas
- Additional place information
made or collected: Northwest Coast (USA)
- Additional culture information
maker or user: possibly Salishan
- Materials & techniques
- bark; root; grass
- Additional material & technique information
material: bark (overall)
material: grass (overall)
material: root (overall)
- overall: 539 mm x 215 mm x 91 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 539 mm x 215 mm x 91 mm
- Related objects
- contains component; baby carrier (nn19722.1)
- Record created 2015-02-18
- Record last updated 2018-06-28
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.