We love to display students' creative work inspired by the Horniman collections, buildings and Gardens
Exhibiting your artwork
We have an online gallery for students’ art inspired by their Horniman visit: click here to see their amazing work!
We also have a public space in the museum’s Education Centre for the display of school and community artwork.
If you would like to display your pupils’ work in the museum or digitally, please contact our Schools Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8291 8686.
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools and education settings, awarded by Arts Council England, recognising their commitment to high quality arts and cultural education.
The Horniman Museum and Gardens is proud to be supporting schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey, inspiring children and young people to create, experience, and participate in great arts and culture.
We can offer schools who are working towards, or currently hold an Artsmark Award, the following opportunities:
- A range of Artsmark appropriate Learning Sessions for all ages, to help you meet your “experiences outside the classroom” criteria. (Why not try Gamelan, Make and Take a Puppet, Museum Sketchbook or Musical Instruments Around the World?)
- Spaces for your students to display and perform creative work.
- CPD to support teachers in new art skills e.g. puppet-making, world music.
- Support and feedback on your Artsmark application, advice on how to make yours the best it can be!
- Collaborative partnerships: from creative projects to joining our influential Teacher Panel.
- Suggestions of other local organisations and projects that could help you fulfil your goals.
Arts Award is a range of unique qualifications that supports anyone aged up to 25 to grow as artists and connect with the wider arts world. Young people get to take on art challenges, participate in new activities, work with arts professionals and share their skills. Offered at five different levels, pupils create a portfolio record of their creative journey, and are supported by an Arts Award Advisor.
The Horniman is an Arts Award Supporter and can offer Learning Sessions for all ages to meet your goals, and opportunities to pupils to display and present their work.