- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
90 mins; Monday/Tuesdays, summer term only; £120.00 ex VAT/£144.00 inc VAT
Visit our Nature Trail to explore the meadow, log pile and pond. In this enquiry-led session pupils will practice scientific techniques to survey real habitats and investigate their biodiversity.
In the event of adverse weather conditions we will offer you an alternative indoor session.
Please ask pupils and accompanying adults to dress appropriately for exploring outdoor areas. The session will take place outside unless the weather is exceptional,
Pupils will work in small groups please bring enough adults to support group work.
- To have an immersive experience in natural habitats on the Horniman Nature Trail.
- To work together to plan and carry out a safe habitat survey of a pond or meadow.
- To record observations in response to an enquiry and feed these back to peers.
Possible curriculum links
- Animals including humans
- Nutrition and food chains
- Living things and their habitats
- classification including keys
Booking a taught session includes a welcome briefing on arrival, timed access to a lunch space, cloakroom facilities and access to toilets for the exclusive use of school groups. To contact us to make a booking please call 020 8291 8686 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our taught sessions start at:
- 10.30-11.15am (lunch room 12-12.30pm)
- 11.45-12.30pm (lunch room 1-1.30pm)
- 1.30-2.15pm (lunch room 12.30-1pm)
When you contact us: Please have ready the name of the taught session you would like to book or topic you are studying, 1st/2nd/3rd choice of date and preferred session time, and the number of pupils and adults.
Entrance to the Horniman Museum and Gardens is free of charge. Taught sessions and access to some exhibitions are charged for. We invoice after your visit.
45 minute object handling, museum and garden sessions (up to 30 pupils): £70.00 ex VAT (£84.00 inc VAT) per session
30/45 minute object handling sessions for Special Education Needs classes (up to 12 pupils): £35.00 ex VAT (£42.00 inc VAT) per session
60 minute Gamelan and 90 minute sessions (up to 30 pupils): £120.00 ex VAT (£144.00 inc VAT) per session
We offer a bursary
See our terms and conditions