Shanghai sampan with long sculling oar in two parts. Half-decked, with canopy, on which is painted a registration number. Under the canopy is a seat. The hull is painted in bands of green, white, red and with black below waterline.
Donated by George Worcester to the museum in 1958. He mentioned in a postcard that all details as to assembly can be found in 'The Mariner's Mirror' vol.41 p.222. He wrote 'The mat house roof was made by W. Majer, 81 Paxford Road, North Wembley, Middlesex without charge. He also designed the packing.'