We run free after-school Teacher Taster events at the Horniman for teachers.
These typically include:
- The opportunity to find out what’s on offer for schools.
- Details of how to organise a school visit at the Horniman.
- A chance to meet and chat with colleagues from other schools.
- Free wine and refreshments.
Please note, if a free event is over-subscribed we may have to limit numbers of teachers per school.
We also offer INSET and CPD training options on request:
- A 45 minute session covering the basics of enquiry-led learning, and trying out activities with real Museum objects in our Hands On Base (£87.00 incl VAT)
- A half-day training (2.5 hours) going into more detail, with activities on object observation, curriculum links and finding personal connections (£250.00 incl VAT)
- A whole-day INSET, including generating ways to use the handling objects, galleries and gardens with your group (£500.00 incl VAT)
Training is available for groups of 10 to 30 people, though larger group sizes can be accommodated on request.
The Horniman Schools Team can tailor training to your needs. Let us know what your training goals are and the needs of your group, and we can create something bespoke just for you.