Unfortunately, the Horniman Kids Sleepover has been cancelled for 18 August 2019. We are very sorry for any disappointment that this decision might cause. Ticket holders have been contacted and refunds issued.
See a different side to the Horniman with a night sleeping over at the Museum.
Roll out your sleeping bag and camp out in the galleries for an unforgettable night at the Museum full of fun activities, surprises and exciting exploration.
‘such a treat to be able to sleep in the galleries’
A light breakfast is included in the morning, plus hot drinks for the adults.
Horniman staff will be on site throughout the event, but please bear in mind that this will be a very exciting experience and be prepared that you may not get much sleep on the night!
What you will need to bring
You will need to bring with you:
- sleeping bag
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- refillable water bottle
- warm clothes to sleep in
- outdoor shoes
- Some lights will remain on throughout the night so if you think this will bother you, please do bring an eye mask
Please do not bring inflatable mattresses or camping beds. We will provide a thin camping mat for each person.
Who can come?
For this event all children must be aged between 5 – 11.
Every child must be accompanied by an adult.
For health and safety reasons the required ratio is one adult for every child, and a maximum of two adults per child. We don’t want to disappoint any one on the night, so please ensure this is adhered to otherwise you risk being turned away.
- Please do not book a ticket for a child younger or older than the required ages (under 5s or over 11s), otherwise you risk being turned away on the night.
- Once you have booked your ticket you will be emailed closer to the sleepover with further details, a schedule, and instructions for the evening.
- If you have an enquiry regarding a group booking please contact Harriet Anscombe on email@example.com
- Sleeping areas will be mixed with everyone sleeping together, both adults and children and genders are mixed. You will be allocated activity groups on the night and a designated sleeping area. Your sleeping location will be at the decision of the Horniman and cannot be pre-booked.
- There are no showers on site however there will be access to toilets throughout.
- All adults will be required to fill out a consent form for each child. These will be emailed to you after ticket purchase and in advance of the night.
- On the night of the event access will be via London Road only and there will be no access via Horniman Drive.
Terms and Conditions
- Adult guardians remain responsible for their children at all times.
- This event is for children ages 5 – 11. All activities will be tailored for these ages and the event is for these ages only.
- The ratio of adults to children must be adhered to. There is a minimum of one adult per child and a maximum of two adults per child.
- Tickets are non-refundable - please remember to bring your ticket with you on the night, either on paper or on a mobile device.
- Every person must have a ticket and no tickets will be available on the door
- You will be allocated a space to sleep on the night. Your sleeping location will be at the decision of the Horniman and cannot be pre-booked.
- Please do not bring inflatable mattresses as you will not be allowed to use them. We will provide a sleeping mat for everyone.
- The Horniman may make changes or necessary adjustments to the activities or content of the event as required.
- There is a strict no alcohol policy at this event.