Firm of music publishers, sellers and instrument makers, created in 1834 as the result of a name change after Goulding's name was dropped.
Initially Thomas D'Almaine (c.1784-1866) and a certain Phipps joined George Goulding's already existing company in 1789 and it was given royal patronage by Prince and Princess of Wales. The company was subsequently known as Goulding, Knevett & Co (1803-1816 in Dublin), Goulding & D'Almaine, or Goulding, D'Almaine & Co and several other varieties (until 1823).
They entered a partnership with James Wood and Potter and specialised in woodwind instruments and pianos. The name changed in 1834 to D'Almaine & Co. In 1847 D'Almaine retired to be succeeded by his nephew Thomas Macinklay who had joined the firm in 1840. In 1866 D'Almaine and Mackinlay died, which effectively ended the company's operations. The firm's name continued until 1934 under different patronage mostly producing pianos.
music publishers, sellers and instrument makers (1834-1867)