We want you to enjoy your visit to the Horniman. Please wear a mask or face covering unless you have a good reason not to (children under 11 are exempt).
Book your entry ticket in advance
To control capacity and ensure social distancing in the Museum, all visitors, including Members, are required to book a free ticket in advance online for admission to the Museum.
- You will not be admitted to the Museum without a valid ticket.
- You can book up to five tickets for you and your household.
- Tickets allow entry at any time during a 15 minute time slot. There are no restrictions on how long you can stay in the Museum.
- Please note, if you leave the Museum you cannot be readmitted without a new ticket for a future timeslot. This includes visiting the Café. Please ensure you plan your visit to the Café in advance of your timeslot or once you have finished your visit in the Museum.
- You must show your tickets on a mobile or tablet, or a printed version, at the entrance to the Museum. We will do our best to admit you as quickly as possible but you may still need to queue outside.
- Please only book one visit per week so as to give others the opportunity of visiting the Museum.
- Tickets will be regularly released so please visit the website for availability and updates.
- We regret that we can currently not accommodate group bookings.
Permian Monsters: Life Before the Dinosaurs
Book ticket in advance to Permian Monsters. All tickets to Permian Monsters include entry to the Museum. Horniman Members should also book a free ticket in advance and present a valid Membership card at the entrance to the exhibition.
Tickets are valid for entry to the exhibition at any time following your Museum Entry time slot. Please note that you may need to queue inside the Museum before being admitted to the exhibition.
Support the Horniman by becoming a Member and enjoy a year of benefits including free entry to Permian Monsters. Join Horniman Members.
Book tickets in advance to visit the Butterfly House.
To control capacity in the Butterfly House, all visitors, including Members, must book a ticket in advance online for admission to the Butterfly House.
Tickets for the Butterfly House are separate to those for the Museum, and you do not need an entry ticket to the Museum to purchase a ticket for the Butterfly House.
Please book your tickets in advance to visit the Aquarium.
To control capacity in the Aquarium, all visitors, including Members, must book a ticket in advance online for admission to the Aquarium.
Tickets to the Aquarium include entry to the Museum so you don’t need to purchase a separate ticket for Museum entry.
You can also buy a combined ticket to the Aquarium and Permian Monsters from the Aquarium tickets page, which includes Museum entry. On arrival, visit the Aquarium first, followed by Permian Monsters then the rest of the Museum.