By joining as a member, you will not only receive some fantastic benefits you will also be directly supporting the care of our collections and Gardens.
Becoming a member
Join today from just £40 and receive:
- Free and unlimited entry to the Aquarium
Our aquatic home for amazing animals including jellyfish, clown fish and poisonous frogs, and for our pioneering coral research.
- Free and unlimited entry to the Butterfly House
Get up close with hundreds of beautiful, free-flying butterflies in our tropical indoor garden.
- Free and unlimited entry to Exhibitions
Explore the world in our family-friendly exhibitions.
- 10% discount in our shops
Take some of the Horniman’s magic home with you with a special discount on our range of gifts, books and toys.
- Enjoy exclusive members’ offers and events
Throughout the year you can enjoy a wide range of exclusive Members’ events linked to our collections and exhibitions, as well as special offers and competitions.
- Monthly e-newsletter
Keep up-to-date with what’s happening at the Horniman.
How to Join
- Join by Direct Debit and to save £5 each year on our standard prices. Download and complete the Direct Debit form and either post to us using the address below or bring to the Ticket Desk next time you visit.
- Join by one-off payment online using the links below, at our Ticket Desk in the Museum or by calling the Members’ Office on the number below
If you join online, present your confirmation email at the Ticket Desk to start receiving Membership benefits straight away. Your membership card will be dispatched to you within 10 working days.
Remember that all children aged under 3 go free to the Aquarium, Butterfly House and temporary exhibition.
What you need to know about Horniman Membership
We have a new ticket booking system and how you book your free member tickets has changed.
Add tickets to your basket for your visit, and these will be automatically discounted to £0 at checkout once you have logged in.
You must log in to your account to access free tickets.
If your tickets are not discounted after logging in, please contact our team who will be able to help – firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the price of your tickets when you upgrade to Horniman Membership.
You can upgrade your tickets at the Ticket Desk or by contacting email@example.com
- You must join within one month of your visit.
- Applies to Direct Debit and Standard Memberships.
- We can refund up to one ticket for an Individual Membership, up to two tickets for a Member + Guest, and up to four tickets for a Family Membership (max of two adult tickets). Tickets must have been purchased for the same day.
- Valid for tickets to temporary exhibition, Aquarium or Butterfly House only.
- The saving cannot be applied to Gift Memberships.
- You must have proof of purchase to upgrade your tickets.
- Refunds will be processed within 10 working days of the membership payment.
Direct Debit memberships renew automatically annually. Your first payment will be taken between 3 and 7 weeks after joining, usually on the 23rd day of the current or the next month. You will receive a notification from us at least 14 days before your payment date every year.
Standard memberships are paid for with a one-off payment and are valid for a full year.
You will be contacted two weeks before your membership is due for renewal with a reminder.
To amend your contact details or bank account details (if you are a Direct Debit Member) please contact our Members’ Office or go to the Ticket Desk during your next visit.
Horniman Membership is a great way to skip the ticket queues. To visit any of our ticketed areas, simply book your free time slot online and present your membership card and ticket when you visit.
You will be issued with a membership card that will remain valid throughout your membership. Direct Debit memberships will automatically renew on the same card each year. To renew a standard membership on the same card please contact the Members’ Office or visit the Ticket Desk in the Museum. Replacement cards can be purchased from the Ticket Desk for £2.
To change your membership type, or to become a Horniman Benefactor, please contact the Members’ Office or visit the Ticket desk in the Museum. Direct Debit membership cancellations can be processed directly via your bank or through the Horniman Members’ Office.