Clementi were an English firm of piano makers, dealers and publishers of music .
The Clementi's first association with London was in the 1790s when Muzio Clementi (1752-1832) invested in the firm Longman & Broderip.
Despite that firm falling into bankruptcy, Clementi and John Longman established a new firm with Augustus Hyde, Frederick William Collard, Josiah Banger and David Davis - called Longman, Clementi & Co. The firm was based at 26 Cheapside from 1798 to 1800, at which point Longman left. Thereafter, the firm was known as Clementi & Co.
In 1806 the firm established an additional shop on 195 Tottenham Court Road. After 1806 the firm underwent the successive name changes of Clementi, Banger, Collard, Davis & Collard (1810); Clementi, Collard, Davis & Collard (1819) and Clementi, Collard & Collard during 1922-1932 when Clementi died.
The firm was particularly well-known for its pianos, and the pianists Cramer and Field were hired to give demonstration to future buyers.
In the 1820s, a series of successful patents concerned with the stringing of the instruments were obtained.
woodwind instrument makers and music publishers (1802 - 1832)