We encourage you to wear a face covering unless you have a good reason not to.
Our 15 exhibits showcase aquatic environments from around the globe, ranging from the British pond to Fijian coral reefs.
Watch South American fish swimming around in the flooded mangrove roots. Nearby see the poison dart frogs and tropical tree frogs.
Get close to a live coral display and see reef fish move between and interact with this complex and vibrant habitat. Observe the symbiotic relationship between a clown fish and its host anemone.
Wonder at the bizarre structure and movement of jellyfish, as they journey around their purpose built aquarium
During your visit, you’ll not only get to see amazing animals up close, but also learn about their interesting lives and the places where they live in the wild.
A huge variety of aquatic life can be seen, displaying the massive variation in the body shapes, colours and behaviours of animals in different habitats.
Tickets and Entry
- All visitors, including Members, must have tickets for admission to the Aquarium – we recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. Members and Benefactors must log in to your account to access free tickets online, after adding tickets to your basket.
- Please book a ticket for every member of your party. Discounts for family group bookings will automatically be applied to your basket. A family of 4 ticket is for up to two adults, and a Family of 3 ticket is one adult. Child tickets are for those aged 3-16 years. Children aged under 3s are free.
- Tickets are for single entry only.
- Gift Aid prices include an additional voluntary donation of at least 10% to help support the Horniman.
- We have lots more information to help you plan your visit to the Horniman.
Access to the Aquarium
Watch this short film to discover how to get to the Aquarium and the noise and lighting levels inside:
Gorgeous moon jellyfish at the Horniman Aquarium - love love love jellyfish.