We encourage you to wear a face covering unless you have a good reason not to.
Our 15 exhibits showcase aquatic environments from around the globe, ranging from the British pond to Fijian coral reefs.
Watch South American fish swimming around in the flooded mangrove roots. Nearby see the poison dart frogs and tropical tree frogs.
Get close to a live coral display and see reef fish move between and interact with this complex and vibrant habitat. Observe the symbiotic relationship between a clown fish and its host anemone.
Wonder at the bizarre structure and movement of jellyfish, as they journey around their purpose built aquarium
During your visit, you’ll not only get to see amazing animals up close, but also learn about their interesting lives and the places where they live in the wild.
A huge variety of aquatic life can be seen, displaying the massive variation in the body shapes, colours and behaviours of animals in different habitats.
Tickets and Entry
To control capacity in the Aquarium, all visitors, including Members, must buy their tickets in advance online for admission to the Aquarium.
- Tickets for the Aquarium include free admission to the Museum at the same time. Please visit the Aquarium as soon as possible once you enter the Museum. You will be able to enjoy the rest of the Museum once you leave the Aquarium.
- To enjoy the Aquarium and the Monkey Business exhibition on the same visit please book tickets via the Aquarium booking page. Please visit the Aquarium first, Monkey Business second, followed by the rest of the Museum to ensure you don’t miss your slot.
- Children under three may visit free of charge and carers accompanying visitors with access requirements get free admission, but you must book into a timeslot. A family ticket is for two adults and two children aged 3-16 years.
- Horniman Members and Benefactors go free, but must book tickets online in advance for a specific time slot. You will need to show your membership or benefactor card on entrance. The conditions of your Membership apply to Member tickets. For example, with the Family Member ticket you can book up to five places, for up to two adults and three children. You will need a ticket for every visitor.
- You must show your tickets on a mobile or tablet, or a printed version, at the entrance to the Aquarium. We will do our best to admit you as quickly as possible but you may still need to queue in the designated area.
- The lift to the Aquarium is in operation.
- Tickets will be regularly released so please visit the website for availability and updates.
You can also go free with an Art Pass.
Safety and cleaning
- Please wear a mask or face covering unless you have a good reason not to (children under 11 are exempt).
- Please follow the one-way route around the Aquarium.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not visit and follow NHS guidance.
- Additional cleaning of doors and touch points will take place regularly throughout the day.
- Our team will wear face coverings and we are doing everything we can to keep you safe. Thank you for being kind and patient at this time.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines throughout your visit, including when speaking to our staff.
Access to the Aquarium
Watch this short film to discover how to get to the Aquarium and the noise and lighting levels inside:
After your visit
You may be contacted up to 21 days after your visit, using the contact details from your booking, in the event of an outbreak of Covid-19 that may affect you.
This information will change in response to guidance from the Government and Public Health England. Please check back before your visit. Thank you for your understanding as we adapt to the situation.
Gorgeous moon jellyfish at the Horniman Aquarium - love love love jellyfish.