Black and white photograph, staff in front of the Hawkes & Son factory, Deansbrook Road, Edgware shortly after its opening. In black painted wooden frame. Printed caption reads: 'The Staff of Messrs. Hawkes & Son/ PHOTOGRAPHED AT EDGWARE, 13TH July 1925.'
This state of the art factory, called 'Sonorous Works', was built in 1924 and replaced the Hawkes & Son factory in Denman Street, Piccadilly Circus. In 1927, the factory reported a workforce of approximately 250 staff.