Join us at the Halloween Fair in the Horniman Gardens. Expect circus skills and hooping, spooky tunes and party games! Enjoy rides, face painting, craft stalls and more.
Halloween Disco | 11.30am – 3.30pm
Local DJs We Do Good Disco will be providing the spooky soundtrack to the Halloween Fair, as well as party games and competitions.
Circus Skills and Hooping
Project Hoop have everything you need to learn some amazing circus skills and get your hoop on!
Halloween Parade with Copperdollar | 12pm and 2pm
Copperdollar Spirits parade through the Horniman grounds, on a journey full of playful games and movement to join in with, bringing joyful spookiness to all the family.
Seed of Play | Suitable for ages 2+
Get stuck into the magic of woodworking, use simple hand tools to build an imaginative wooden masterpiece to take home and learn a valuable life skill along the way.
Traditional Fete Games
Fun and games for the whole family to enjoy with these vintage game stalls. Free games all day for you to really build up your skill level.
Chase mega-bubbles or tiny foam bubbles around the Gardens with Kat from Bubblelogy.
Pick up a rope and join Rajinder in his love for skipping, get moving and learn some new techniques along the way.
Face Painting | Prices from £7. Suitable for ages 2+
Have your face painted by fabulous Doxa Faces. Please note the queue will finish early to make sure everyone’s face is painted.
Car rides and bouncy castles | Prices from £3. Suitable for ages 3+
Take a spin on our car rides or bounce to the sky on giant bouncy castles.
Butterfly House | 11am – 4pm (last entry 3.30pm) £2.50 per person.
We have a discounted price to visit the Butterfly House during the Fair. Tickets can be purchased from the Butterfly House on the day which is only open for Fair goers.
Animal Walk | 12.30pm – 4pm.
Visit the alpacas, say hello to the rabbits, or wave ‘hiya!’ to the goats.
Family craft Saturdays | 11am – 4pm
Join a special edition of our weekly volunteer led craft. Create your very own witch or wizard hat to parade throughout the fair and take home with you.
Storytelling with Book Love
Join the Book Love Carnival pop up shop for an afternoon of multicultural books, storytelling and good times.
Jack the Pumpkin King
Look out for Jack the Pumpkin King dancing around and bringing spooky skeleton vibes to the disco.
- Picks Organic Farm – burgers and hot dogs
- Route 66 Burritos – Californian style burritos
- Sweet Carolina – sweet treats and cake pops
- Feel Full Falafel – freshly made falafel, salad and wraps
- Lucknow 2 London – Indian street food
- Maame T’s – African inspired food
- Yummi Bites – Levantine Gozleme
- Niangs Thai Tings – Thai street food
- The Horniman Kiosk for drinks and snacks. Ice cream stand open as usual
- The Horniman Café will be open as usual, stamps will allow re-entry to the event
- Please note this event is outside so come along, embrace the spooky atmosphere and dress appropriately for the weather on the day as well as in your best creepy costume.
- The Gardens will be accessible to ticket holders only. Reduced-cost tickets for the Butterfly House will also be available on the day for event attendees.
- The event will take place whatever the weather and refunds will not be offered in the case of bad weather.