Happening across the Horniman Bandstand, we will be marking the 75th anniversary of Windrush and celebrating the contribution of Caribbean culture to Britain with family activities, live music, dancing and food.
The Bandstand will be hosting music and dancing for all the family to enjoy plus some of the UK’s top Caribbean and African chefs will be cooking up a storm with jerk, vegan and vegetarian food.
Enjoy the sounds of the Windrush era with Ska, Bluebeat, Reggae and more. Full line up below…
Create carnival headdresses with Sunshine International Arts!
In the gardens you can see Helen McDonald perform her amazing family show Time Travelling with the Jazz Queens!
Plus enjoy our arts and crafts market, a game of ludo or dominos in the Pavilion, book readings, dancing, bouncy castle and face painting. Don’t forget to wear your dancing shoes…
The whole day will be hosted by the brilliant Donna Spence.
Janet Kay was the first lovers rock singer on Top of the Pops with number one hits including Silly Games, Lovin You and I Do Love You.
The Freedom Band UK
Reggae, ska and bluebeat live band.
Get your dancing shoes on and learn the Candy, music and fun for all ages
DJ Teacher Crew
The famous Bali Hai Reunion DJ. Soul, reggae, hip-hop, Windrush music, ska, back-in-the-day sounds.
Can you sing, dance, read poetry, or play an instrument? Come on stage and show us your talents!
- Arts and crafts market
- A game of Ludo or dominos in the Pavilion
- Book readings in the Gardens with This is Book Love
- Carnival headdress making with Sunshine Arts
- Watch performer Helen MacDonald in family show Time Travelling with the Jazz Queens
- Bouncy castle
- Face painting.
Full line up with timings
- 12pm – Donna Spence
- 12.15pm – DJ Teacher Crew
- 12.45pm – Open Mic
- 1.30pm – DJ Teacher Crew
- 2pm – Peacekeeper Line Dancing
- 2.30pm – Johnny Orlando
- 3pm – The Freedom Band UK
- 3.35pm – The Delphina James Steel Ensemble
- 4pm – Peacekeeper Line Dancing
- 4.30pm – Open Mic
- 5pm – Janet Kay MBE Lovers Rock
- 5.45pm – DJ Teacher Crew / Donna Spence
- 6pm – The Freedom Band UK
- 6.40pm – DJ Teacher Crew
Don’t forget to wear your dancing shoes!
This event is in partnership with Fairweather Productions.
Terms and Conditions
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket.
- The event will be busy with over two thousand people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
- Please be aware that the event is standing/dancing with limited seating. It is also outdoors with no shade or rain cover so dress appropriately for the weather on the day. The event will take place whatever the weather and refunds will not be offered in the case of bad weather.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event. This is a ticketed event and one of the conditions of entry is that all bags and personal belongings will be searched and no alcohol can be brought into the grounds. If alcohol is found it will be confiscated. Failure to comply may result in refusal of entry.