Happening across the Horniman Gardens, we will be celebrating the 60th anniversary of Jamaican Independence with family activities, live music, dance and jerk.
Some of the UK’s top Caribbean and African chefs will be cooking up a storm with jerk, vegan and vegetarian food.
Please note: the Gardens, Butterfly House and Animal Walk will only be accessible to Jerk Cookout ticket holders on this day.
To enter this event you must have purchased your tickets in advance.
Live on the Jerk Stage
- Carroll Thompson
- Ciyo Brown’s Jazz Band
- Felicity Ethnic
- The Freedom Band
- Plus many more
Caribbean Crush stage
The Horniman Promoters are back with the Caribbean Crush Stage, bringing fresh sounds in dancehall, soca, afrobeats, rap and RnB. Featuring up-and-coming artists and DJs this will be the perfect soundtrack to the summer.
The Cookout Village
- Jerk food stands
- Vegan and vegetarian food area
- World food stalls
- Top DJs
- Two stages
- Holistic area
- Classic cars
- Charity stalls
- Plus the Jerk Cook Out famous Candy dance
Children’s Play Area
Come and join in with interactive, musical stories from Jamaica – and beyond! Storyteller Paul Rubinstein will take you on a fun-filled, interactive journey through oceans, sunshine and far-away places, accompanied by live music and singing.
Join the bubble fun with Kat Kraft’s Bubbleology! Bubbleology is the Science of Bubbles! Whether they are huge Mega-Bubbles or tiny foam bubbles, Kat can make them all!
Take the summer flower garden trail! Follow clues around the Gardens and win a prize.
- Bouncy castles
- Butterfly House
- Animal Walk
- Mini golf
(Please note there will be an additional cost for some activities)
See last year’s event
- Please arrive at the London Road gate entrance for the Jerk Cookout.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult. Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged for other Horniman activities and we are unable to give refunds.
- Tickets must be purchased online ahead of the event, tickets will not be available at the door.
- Please note this event is outside so come along, embrace the festival atmosphere and dress appropriately for the weather on the day. The event will take place whatever the weather and refunds will not be offered in the case of bad weather.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted. Please do not bring your own alcohol.
- We may photograph or film parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for Fairweather Productions or Horniman promotion purposes.
- Buggies are allowed on site, however there is no buggy park. We would suggest leaving buggies at home where possible.
- Unfortunately dogs (except assistance animals) are not allowed at this event.