You can recycle old rubbish into new things, learn a new skill, or create something crafty with these tutorials.
Don’t forget to share your results with us online, using #Horniman – we love to see what you have created.
Attract birds to your garden or window ledge with this DIY bird feeder. You will need:
- drink carton
- pencil or pen
- string or wool
- a garden stick or straight twig.
Tell wonderful stories and create fantastic sock puppets. You will need:
- glue or needle and thread
- old socks
Do you find hand sewing tricky, or want to teach the basics to children? This is the tutorial for you. You will need:
- a pencil.
Enjoy this Easter Craft: Chick headdress activity over the Easter Holidays. You will need:
- tape or a stapler
- A4 card or scrap card
- glue stick
- decorating materials (like used tissue paper and magazine scraps).
Have fun making these pom pom chicks. You will need:
- felt-tip pens or colouring pencils
- a cup
- £1 coin.
Explore your crafty side and get creative with this weaving tutorial and see what amazing woven creations you can make. You will need:
- an empty photo frame
- fabric, cut up (we used an old t-shirt)
- chopsticks or pencils to create the loom.