Enter our Hair Stories competition, in collaboration with FACE, for a chance to see your work featured on the Horniman website as part of an online exhibition.
The work should explore hair stories from Black, Brown, Asian, South Asian and Chinese perspectives.
This competition is in conjunction with Hair: Untold Stories.
You must be:
- Currently studying on an undergraduate or postgraduate course, or be a graduate of year 2020 onwards
- Studying beauty, fashion, photography, film, styling and or textile subjects
- No more than 3 A4 images, 300 DPI resolution
- Video, no longer than 90 seconds
Alongside your work please provide:
- The title of your work and a summary in no more than 200 words
- Your name
- Year of graduation
- University and course you are studying or graduated from
Submissions closed on Monday 4 April 2022.
Winning entries will be notified by the week of 9 May 2022.
Please note, fashion and textile specialisms include, but are not limited to:
- fashion design
- fashion illustration
- make up
- fashion journalism
- textile design
Banner image and exhibition illustrations by Habiba Nabisubi.