Come to our May frolic with the award winning Big Fish Little Fish for a family rave day festival featuring DJ legends of London clubland. Join:
- DJs Readers' Wifes of iconic club Duckie
- Prime Cuts - long standing resident at fabric, three times world champ DJ, and a member of the Scratch Perverts; and
- Bill Brewster - world renowned DJ and author of Last Night A DJ Saved My Life
for a journey into sound from acid house to hip hop to drum and bass. Great icons of London clubs, one and all!
And it's not just music and dancing, there's food, bars, craft activities with Captain Cookie, face painting and plenty more family fun. Come throw some shapes in the Garden of dance this Spring.
‘reliably excellent' The Guardian
‘credible music...magical’ Time Out
‘The best thing we do together as a family’ BFLF Regular
‘The best day of my life’ BFLF 6-year-old attendee
Six-time Winner of the Audience Choice Prize at the Fantastic For Families Awards.
Please note this event is outside so come along, embrace the festival atmosphere and dress appropriately for the weather on the day. The event will take place whatever the weather and refunds will not be offered in the case of bad weather.
If you have access requirements, please email Harriet at email@example.com or call 020 8699 1872.
Please see the FAQ section below for information.
Crowds and Seating
Please see the Terms and Conditions section below for information.
There will not be a dedicated quiet area at the Family Rave event. For a quieter space please try the South Downs part of the Gardens, which is where the storytelling activity will take place and will be signposted. The South Downs has a few benches and is a grassy area with limited concrete paths. This area of the Gardens also has a sloping ground and during wet weather it may not be suitable for wheelchair users or anyone who is unstable on their feet.
How do I get into the rave on the day?
The rave will take place in the Gardens by the Bandstand. Please enter site via the main entrance on London Road - walk up the Avenue and you will find the ticket gate directly ahead of you. This will be the only access point for ticket holders
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
All ages welcome but the activities are designed for families to enjoy together. Music is played at safe levels for everyone.
How loud will it be?
BFLF sets and monitors the volume using World Health Organisation guidelines - so that it is at a safe level for everyone, even the youngest babies, over the 4 hour duration of the event. Though quieter than at adult events, it is still loud enough to feel like you are at a club. Most parents do not use ear defenders on their children but if yours are particularly sensitive to noise or if you want them to nap then you might want to consider it.
Please note: a maximum of 3 children per one adult. A maximum of 4 adults per one child.
Terms and Conditions
- Parents remain responsible for their children at all times.
- For families with younger children (8s and under) though all ages are welcome.
- Adult only groups are not admitted. A max of 3 children per adult in a family. If attending as a large party please ensure one adult to two children minimum.
- If there are more than 4 adults per child in your group please email firstname.lastname@example.org for pre-approval before buying tickets.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- By purchasing a ticket to this event you agree to allow us to email you with information about the event.
- Each member of your group must have a ticket and pre-walking infants free (but ticketed).
- The event will be busy with hundreds of people attending. The dancefloor is for adults and children to dance together.
- Please be aware that events are standing/dancing with limited seating.
- Each event is stewarded and risk assessed in advance.
- As the event is outdoors buggies are allowed.
- A licensed bar will be open during the event but no glass is permitted.
- We may photograph or film small parts of the event and by entering you are giving your permission for these to be used for BFLF or Horniman promotion purposes.
- This event is outside so dress appropriately for the weather on the day. The event will take place whatever the weather and refunds will not be offered in the case of bad weather.