Identify animals, examine their features and think about some of the challenges these creatures face in our changing world.
- Describe what a habitat is and what it provides an animal with.
- Describe the conditions and challenges of different habitats worldwide.
- Identify and name some of the different animals in the above habitats.
- Describe some simple ways in which the animal is suited to that habitat.
“They learnt how animals adapt to their surroundings. They also learnt about taxidermy.” Teacher
How to book
Booking a taught session includes a welcome briefing on arrival, timed access to a lunch space, cloakroom facilities and access to toilets for the exclusive use of school groups.
Contact us to make a booking:
020 8291 8686
When you contact us please have ready:
– the name of the taught session you would like to book or topic you are studying,
-1st/2nd/3rd choice of date and preferred session time,
– the number of pupils and adults attending.
Entrance to the Horniman Museum and Gardens is free of charge. Taught sessions and access to some exhibitions are charged for. We invoice after your visit.
The following charges apply:
– 45 minute or 1 hour object handling session, (up to 30 pupils): £72.50 ex VAT (£87.00 inc VAT) per session
– 30/45 minute object handling sessions for Special Education Needs classes (up to 12 pupils): £36.25 ex VAT (£43.50 inc VAT) per session
– 60 minute Gamelan and 90 minute sessions (up to 30 pupils): £122.50 ex VAT (£147.00 inc VAT) per session.
We offer a bursary scheme for schools that meet a set criteria.
Planning your visit
See Plan Your Day for other essential information including our Risk Assessment.
We are open from 10am-5.30pm, 6 days a week; the Museum will be closed on Wednesdays. Entrance to the Museum and Gardens is free of charge but must be booked in advance by emailing email@example.com.
We are open from 10am–5.30pm. Entrance to the Museum and Gardens is free of charge.
Entrance to our temporary exhibition, Monkey Business, can be booked for a reduced educational rate of £3 per person. Our Butterfly House and Aquarium will remain closed to school groups at this time to allow for social distancing. Charges apply to all children aged 3 years and over, and all accompanying teachers and adults, unless they are specific 1:1 carers.