Two harpoon type blowpipe darts with iron points and line, used for catchhing fish in tanks and rivers.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
2 items (description level: top)
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
object name (Horniman Ethno.): blowpipe dart
- Malabar, India, South Asia, Asia
- Additional place information
made or collected: Calicut, Malabar
- Materials & techniques
- wood; iron; string; textile
- Additional material & technique information
material: wood (blowpipe)
material: string (string)
material: iron (dart)
material: textile (end of tube)
donor: Department of Fisheries, Madras
- Related objects
- contains blowpipe dart (24.317i)
- Related subjects
theme: War- and Peace-making
object name (Horniman Ethno.): blowpipe darts
- Record created 2000-01-22 by DRICE
- Record last updated 2013-08-10 by RSHEPHERD
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.