Harpsichord. two keyboards. two eight foot registers. one four foot register. one lute stop. one buff stop to front 8. machine stop. nag's head lid swell mechanism missing, but housing remains. Restored by C Nobbs & B Marks, from Feb.-Dec. 2013.
- 0 item(s)
- £0.00 View
1 item (description level: part)
- Broad category
- Musical Instruments, Chordophone
- Additional names, titles, or classifications
catalogue name: harpsichord
- Additional maker information
maker: Kirckman, Jacob
- London, England, UK; Europe
- Additional place information
- Date made
- Additional date information
date made: 1772
- overall: 2366 x 930 x 317 mm
- Additional measurement information
overall: 2366 x 930 x 317 mm
auctioneer: Sotheby & Co.
Undefined - 1972-06-29
- Related objects
- part of harpsichord (1972.211)
- Related subjects
object name: harpsichords
- Record created 2013-12-20
- Record last updated 2018-12-16
These objects are only a part of our collections, of which there are more than 350,000 objects. More information on the objects listed on our website.
This information comes from our collections database. Some of this is incomplete and there may be some errors. The database sometimes uses language taken from historical documents to help research, which may now appear outdated and even offensive. The database also includes information on objects that are considered secret or sacred by some communities.
If you have any further information about objects in our collections or can suggest corrections to our information, please contact us.