A double drinking vessel made from a pair of ox horns, joined by a central wooden section with a metal collar. There are wooden stoppers in the ends of the horn, which have a cord of natural fibre attached. This attaches them to their own horn and to each other. The horns are carved with floral sprays, topped with what looks like a heart, containing a cross within a trapezoid shape. The hearts and flowers are highlighted with red pigment.
There is an old circular paper label stuck to the object, with the number 1035 written on it in brown ink. This has been crossed out in pencil and its current number, 4560, is written beneath. This number is listed next to the object in the register (other objects on this page also have this succession of numbers) but it is unclear what these refers to.
1035 is listed in Spilsbury's catalogue as 'Double drinking horn, carved.' Remarks: 'Indians of the Misiones, between the R. Uruguay and ParanÃ¡. The centre of the famous Jesuitical communitie colonies.' Thus, probably made for the priests bu Indians in the mission.